Alternate Universes is holding a Yu-Gi-Oh! Speed Duel day on Sunday, February 17th at AU Blue Bell to celebrate the recent launch of Speed Dueling! This event is casual play, not a tournament. The event will take place all day. Players who enter will get a free Speed Duel lanyard, life pad, and pen while supplies last, as well as a card to track their progress throughout the day. Speed Duel playmats will be randomly awarded to participants during the event!
Speed Dueling is easy to learn, and is based on the ruleset found in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links video game. Whether this is your first time playing a physical card game, or you’re looking to take your Duel Links knowledge to the real world, Speed Dueling is your gateway to the world of Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Speed Dueling is a specialized version of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME.
- Speed Dueling features 4 basic card types: Monster Cards, Spell Cards, Trap Cards and Skill Cards.
- The goal is to Summon powerful monsters, power them up with Spell or Trap Cards, and battle your opponent.
- Skill Cards let you become your favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! character, and give you special abilities to use in your Duels!
- Both players start with 4,000 Life Points. Reduce your opponent’s Life Points to 0 to win the Duel!
Speed Duel cards are usable in the regular Yu-Gi-Oh! game, but not vice-versa.
Each player gets a Speed Duel Starter Deck for entering (the starter deck includes three individual Speed Duel decks). Starter decks don’t have to be used out of the box, players may modify or bring their own Speed Duel decks to participate!