Alternate Universes is holding a Yu-Gi-Oh! Speed Duel Day on Saturday August 31st at AU Holmes, and Sunday September 1st at AU Blue Bell! This Speed Duel Day is to celebrate the latest Speed Duel booster pack set, Scars of Battle!
Speed Duel Day is a casual event, but we will also be holding Sealed Speed Duel Day tournaments!
Players who enter will get their choice of a Speed Duel Starter Deck or seven Scars of Battle booster packs to build a deck and play casually throughout the day. For entering, players also get a Speed Duel lanyard, life pad, and pen while supplies last, as well as a card to track their progress throughout the day.
Speed Duel playmats will be awarded to participants during the event!
Speed Dueling is easy to learn, and is based on the ruleset found in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links video game. Whether this is your first time playing a physical card game, or you’re looking to take your Duel Links knowledge to the real world, Speed Dueling is your gateway to Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Speed Dueling is a specialized version of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME.
- Speed Dueling features 4 basic card types: Monster Cards, Spell Cards, Trap Cards and Skill Cards.
- The goal is to Summon powerful monsters, power them up with Spell or Trap Cards, and battle your opponent.
- Skill Cards let you become your favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! character, and give you special abilities to use in your Duels!
- Both players start with 4,000 Life Points. Reduce your opponent’s Life Points to 0 to win the Duel!
Speed Duel cards are usable in the regular Yu-Gi-Oh! game, but not vice-versa.