It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:04 pm 
Senior Contributor

Mission Posting.

As I have been saying for a couple of weeks now We were in the process of updating our missions. I finished over the weekend and we are running the missions in the new(er) format this weekend. I actually stole a lot of this format from Paul Bagosy's tournament missions.
Some of the older missions were dropped, some were altered (some minor, some more drastic) In either case the idea was clear them up as much as possible. Make them more player (army) friendly & in some cases just make them more balanced.
Your favorites are still there, CAT, Marines we are leaving. But like I said they were some revisions.....please take the time to read thru them, all feedback is appreciated.........
http://www.bloody-plastic.com/aumissions.html

Last edited by Cave Midget on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:47 pm 
Senior Contributor

bump⏫⏫⏫

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:28 am 
Contributor

For Unplanned assault, it could be fun to divide it up with 1-2, 2-4, 5-6 with each objective having a chance to be at the highest point value. I feel that the other two possible primary objectives aren't tactically that much different, but linebreaker/firstblood/warlord force a more aggressive tactic than objective holding.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:52 am 

Fish-Dead wrote:
For Unplanned assault, it could be fun to divide it up with 1-2, 2-4, 5-6 with each objective having a chance to be at the highest point value. I feel that the other two possible primary objectives aren't tactically that much different, but linebreaker/firstblood/warlord force a more aggressive tactic than objective holding.

I like the idea behind the mission. Start the game without knowing how it will be scored so you have try to play towards all things until midgame, but the scoring can get ridiculous. 3 vp per kill point is a hard pill to swallow for some armies and makes 3-5 objectives easy to ignore. I know a few people that would be upset to know they lost a game because of a potential 5 point first blood (3vp if it was primary + 2vp if it was a kill point as well)

I think if you wanted truly random you could still dice off starting at turn 3, but instead of assigning the points per unit or per objective, you give a set amount of points for winning primary/secondary/tertiary. It could be 3/2/1 and the dice just determines where the scoring falls. The nice thing about that is if the primary is going to be difficult you can switch stance and try to pull off winning the secondary and tertiary for a tie.

I think ideally people will be happy if there is still a chance for both sides after the dice are rolled halfway through the game. Usually people I play prefer closer games then big swings because of a random event. Probably why I haven't played many Maelstrom missions with people.

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]