It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2,000pts Tournament(s)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:17 am 
Senior Contributor

In the past couple of days there have been players grumbeling to raise our tournaments to 2,000pts. Here it goes this months (June) tournament is already posted and next month is the Escalation Tournament. So no matter what the next two tournies are set. Between now and the August tournament I will stage a poll asking players to vote on our tournament point level. For now play some games at 1850, and 2k. To really see what the times are. (Are you finishing your games) I have played three games with the new rule set and all 3 of them ran on the long side (close to three hours or longer). I personally like to finish my games with a decided winner, rather than counting up totals for a game that only made it to the 4th turn. So in closing play some games, time them, see if the game moves at an enjoyable, acceptable pace. (Don't rush) I would love to bring out more goodies but not at the expense of finishing the game, rushing the game, or just not enjoying the game. Maybe if we open the doors to the big boys it will free up some time.
Maybe I need to put up two polls. In either case lets see where the next two months take us. I'll put up a poll in a few weeks, in the mean time try out the new rules play some games. Weigh in with your thoughts on this post.

Last edited by Cave Midget on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:57 pm 
Contributor

I say 2K. We will get faster with time just like we did with 6th! Go big! Or go to Doud's home!

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:42 pm 
Contributor

As anyone who has played me knows, I tend to play fast. I'm very disappointed if I play a game that has to be called because of time. I also tend to enjoy smaller games, so I guess I'm against raising the points. But I'm willing to go along with whatever the group picks.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:47 pm 

Given how multiple detachments are a thing all the time, I would say that this is fine. It's not like the changes will add more time. We just have a single point in the game turn to use psychic powers.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:08 am 

Strength D weapons make the game go faster...the problem is most people don't like putting their models on the table only to immediately remove them. Death Star players hate it when they don't get their rerollable invuln save.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:07 pm 

You would need to have some incredibly good luck to wipe a squad with good invulnerable saves.

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]