[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3907)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3907)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3907)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3907)
Alternate Universes • View topic - Manfest Vee: The Buttoning
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:58 am 
Senior Contributor

New this year Manfest Special Directives!

These are similar to Tactical Objectives but are above and beyond the existing objectives. At the start of each of their sides’ player turns, the sides general will roll to see what his sides Special Directive is for that turn. The General may elect to reroll his result once. No side may have the same Special Directive twice, reroll until a new directive is selected.

Manfest Special Directives

1. Air Superiority
-For every 2 enemy Flyers or Flying Monstrous Creatures destroyed this turn gain 1VP.
-+1 if either was Superheavy or Gargantuan
-+D6 if enemy has no Flyers on the board at the end of the turn (must have started with at least 2)

2. Assassination
-For every 2 enemy Characters killed this turn gain 1VP.
-+1 for every 2 Independent Characters
-+D6 if enemy has no Independent Characters on the board at the end of the turn.

3. Hold the Line
-Each Archeotech Artifact in the Neutral Zone is worth 2VP
-+D6 if you hold all Archeotech Artifacts in the Neutral Zone at the end of the turn.

4. Blitzkreig
-Each Archeotech Artifact in the Enemy Deployment Zone is worth 2VP
-+D6 if you hold all Archeotech Artifacts in the Enemy Deployment Zone at the end of the turn.

5. Bring it Down
-For every 2 enemy Monstrous Creatures or Walkers destroyed this turn gain 1VP
-+1 if either of the two was a character
-+D6 if enemy has no Monstrous Creatures or Walkers on the board at the end of the turn. (must have started with at least 2)

6. Bottleneck
-For every 2 enemy Tank or Heavy vehicles destroyed this turn gain 1VP
-+1 if either vehicle had 4 or more HP
-+D6 if enemy has no Tanks or Heavy vehicles with transport capacity on the board at the end of the turn. (must have started with at least 2)

Report this post Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:22 am 

you can put me down as imperial guard and DA 2nd company mix for my manfest force

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:10 pm 
Senior Contributor

I'll be playing Orks with a side of Orks and extra Ork sauce. Just my Kustom Stompa LoW though.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:46 pm 
Contributor

A triple helping of Warhound and a smattering of Sallies for me.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:39 pm 

One "WARHOUND" in my list.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:22 am 
Senior Contributor

I'm guard with a Stormlord and a Traitorbane.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:29 am 
Senior Contributor

Sorry for the later than usual update... I seem to say that every year.
Today was the day of the manliest fest of all....Manfest 5: the buttoning. We had a few extra spots, and a few players who forgot to man up this year! You know who you are :dodgy:

Teams were split up evenly 7 vs 7. We shuffled the name tags and literally split them up as they were drawn.
After teams were split each team nominated their general and then their general chose their team name.

The teams today were:
Team One:Two in the Pink
Craig - General
Jae
Colin
Tj B
John
Craig
Sean

Team Two: Jebi - Se
Frank - General
Charles
Jack D
Tom
Jack R
Mike
Tj M

Quick High lights:
1) Initiative was stolen by team Jebi - Se, this was probably the biggest move of he game. It really made a difference.
2) After the first round Jebi - Se was up by three points. Largely due to the Carpet bombing of the 6 manticores vs the entire right flank. Boom Goes the dynamite!I don't care what army you play, everyone gets excited watching a ton of large blast templates land on a bunch of tanks....right Colin!
3) Special Directives: These were small but definitely were point grabbers. For those of you that weren't there. There was a list of random turn oriented objectives. These were randomly determined each turn by each general at the beginning of their turn. these grabbed quick points and were a nice addition this year. (these functioned very similar to the tactical objectives but each team only got one for their turn.)
4) This year there were probably more Super heavies/gargantuan creatures then almost all of the other years
combined!
5) Because there were less players each layer went up to 4.5k!
6) Charles...I'm not repeating this again. you know what you did...

Prizes were handed out to in the most random of ways. This year we awarded the standout moments:
Mike & Charlie - Mass Manticore shells turn one removing a bunch of Colin's Army on the far right flank.
Frank - Mass Genocide with his super heavies - Deep Striking Wraith knight formation and removing most of the far left flank.
Jae - Tearing Mike new one.
Kevin - Mauling Draigo and a librarian Conclave ...in a single round of shooting.
John - Belial removing Charles command structure in hand to hand.
Charles - Removing two of Jaes imperial Knights, with a second round of shooting with his rearmed Manticores!
Kevin- Kevin what can I say...at one point he wanted all of the D!...and he got it, oh yeah he got it.
Mike - Mike's assault folly. Mike Failed a 2inch charge....literally a 2" charge. Terrain check, go Snake eyes!
Jack D - Jack finally got to slam three flyers (ork formation) into a baneblade, destroying the baneblade.
Tom - Blew up Craig's chaos knight, the explosion drifted perfectly on top of Kevin's landing platform. were most of Kevins non suit tau were....good by tau.
Tj B - Butterfingers, dropped his warhound three times....

Two random Prizes were handed out - one to Colin and the Second to Sean.

Here is a link to all of the pics I took with my phone:
http://s781.photobucket.com/user/JRoshi ... t=3&page=1

It's late now.. I add more to this post tomorrow when I get a chance.
I'm sure I missed something . Add to the thread, I hope everyone has a good holiday and I hope to see you next year for our upcoming tournament season.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:09 am 

Wow, looks like you guys had a great time! Hopefully I'll make it up next year

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2