It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: MANFEST VII:Sex
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:36 pm 
Senior Contributor

This year's table layout

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Report this post Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: MANFEST VII:Sex
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:00 pm 
Senior Contributor

Yesterday was the annual event known as Manfest it was our 7th. There were 13 players after all was said and done.

Here’s a quick rundown:

Teams were determined randomly splitting the armies into groups.

Disgusting Monkey Feet
Frank - General
Dan
TJ
Kevin
Charles
Brad

What Would Horus Do
Michael - General
Michael
Jack
Jack
Craig
Dave
Jay

Deployment Zones were chosen after bidding command points mustered by their teams. That lead to some confusion over which team went first. The bidding was to determine the deployment zone and first drop. First turn was a Dice off with no option to steal the initiative. WWHD won the bid, but DMF had first turn. I’m not gonna give a full play by play of what happened, but here are some quick hits.

* Disgusting monkey feet won the day with a score of 318 -104, Over What Would Horus Do.
* Fred (Warlord Titan) is a beast. Offensively he is brutal, but defensively he is even harder to kill.
* Players need to read, stratagems were designed uniquely for this event were sent out to the players in advance. A few players didn’t read them or didn’t read them carefully and then paid DEARLY with their army.
* Charles held the right flank for his army as they left the left flank virtually undefended. But were able to obliterate the center mainly with three key things. First: Shadowswords! Frank had a few in the center of their deployment zone and just removed Jays Phantom. Second: Fred! Fred is just oppressive it’s easy to see why this monster is going up in points. If this event was held a few weeks later it wouldn’t have been permitted. Third: Everyones favorite Primarch, Papa Smurf. Kevin held a section of ruins surrounded by razor backs and devastators all with las-cannons. That just destroyed my knights, and tanks like a hot knife thru butter.
*Players didn’t take a lot deep striking units. The winning strategy was reserves and blunt force power thru taking kill points. While the WWHD chose to utilize a straight up deployment and to go for the objectives and bonus’s collecting on two Bounties. Craig collected his bounty on Charles killing his warlord and Dave collected his bounty by taking Fred Down on the last turn.
* This was the first Apocalypse game for us in 8th edition. It actually went a lot smoother than it has in recent years. What we know as superheavies and gagantuan creatures go down much quicker in 8th then they did in past editions. This was more apparent at this event then in past events. The exception was Toughness 16 on Fred. I know I keep hitting on the effect of Fred.....while there are ways to take him down, but it’s not easy to get these things in position. I give Dave props for putting the first and last wound on him. Not too mention Dave and Mike C. took the brunt of his destruction.

Hopefully I didn’t point out the wrong things or miss something. If I did please add you comments/ thoughts below.

Pics: http://s781.photobucket.com/user/JRoshi ... t=3&page=1

Report this post Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2