[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3907)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3907)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3907)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3907)
Alternate Universes • View topic - !!!!!!!MANFEST!!!!!! ----Apocalypse December 10th
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:33 pm 
Senior Contributor

We have been talking about doing this for a few months now, and December will be upon us sooner then we know.
here is the rules as they stand right now, this is still in the works so be patient and if you have questions please ask, and if you have ides feel free to bring them up:

Point level - 3,000 points per person.

Start Time - 11am
End Time - TBD
45 minutes per player turn (less if able)

Entrance Fee - $10 - Includes meal, drink (Pizza/Beverage) The rest goes towards prize support.

Prizes - They will be earned (Details to come) and random. The store/Gw will chip in prize support.

Number of Players - 14 (7 per side)

Restrictions
Each player may take one super heavy, (Included in the 3,000pts)

Force Org - NONE

Codex - You can only play from one codex, Their are exceptions, but I make the judgement.

Sign ups - When you Pre Reg you have to sign up with your Army & the super heavy you will be bringing. You can change, But you must do so in advance. (We want to balance armies and super heavies as much as possible)

Still working out other details, again thoughts questions let me know.....
UPDATE
To help avoid confusion there won't be a waiting pool. If a player drops the team will absorb the points to compensate the gap for the side.

Jack Doud had a thought yesterday about when do we lock the registration on Superheavies. I think December 1st would be a good day. That gives Lee time to work on his options. So far here is the registration with there respective Super Heavies:
And the sides are:

Hummies
1)Dan/ Guard - Warlord Titan
2)Mike C/ Guard - Bane Blade
3)Jesse G/ Guard
4)Jack R/ Guard - Warhound Titan
5)Tj M/ Grey Knights
6)Tj B/ Salamanders
7) Mike/ Dark Angels - Shadow Sword

Xenos Scum
1)Lee/ Orc - Superheavy Fighta Bomba
2)Jack D/ - General - Orc - Stompa
3)Dave/ Orc - Gargantuan Squiggoth
4)JessE / Eldar
5)Derek/ Necron - Pylon
6)Alec / Tyranid - Hyrophant
7)Jae/ Tyranid

Winning the Game - The team that scores the most points wins.

Scoring Points

Objectives:
CLAIMING AN OBJECTIVE
Six Inches - Everything Claims (Excluding Titans/Super Heavies/Gargantuan Creatures)

CONTESTING AN OBJECTIVE
Six Inches - Everything Contests

FUNNER WAYS TO SCORE POINTS

1) If a Titan/Super Heavy/Gargantuan Creature is destroyed the player that scored the kill scores points for their team.
2) If a Titan/Super Heavy/Gargantuan Creature is Survives the owning player scores points for their team.
3) If a Titan/ Super Heavy is destroyed place an objective marker (leave a portion of the hull) where it was before it became one with the appropriate machine god!

Objectives are worth 2 points each
Destroying/Surviving Titan – 3pts
Destroying/Surviving Super Heavy/Gargantuan Creature – 1pt

Each side will have a designated general. (The teams can decide amongst themselves any way you see fit)

Deployment - Follow normal Apocalypse Deployment Rules.

Once the Generals decide on how long it will take to deploy. (Who ever revealed the lower time limit for deployment.) The General will assign deployment zones in their chosen area A or B. to their players.

First Player - The Xenos team will have first turn. The Imperial team can try an steal the initiative on 5+

Assets – Each Team will have the option to take Apocalypse assets (see Main Apoc book/Reload). Each player can take one. Players cannot duplicate assets on their team. IE – Two players cannot take the same asset on the same team. The General should assign assets to avoid confusion.

Some assets will not be available. Jack Doud will post the assets not being used.

Table – If you are on the center table you can interact with your table and the table to the left or right. If you are on the end tables you can only interact with your table and the center table. (Exception – Bombardment of any form can choose targets anywhere on the table. Or in the case where it does it will target)

TABLE TO BE REVEALED AT THE TOURNAMENT ON SATURDAY
UPDATE
Once the time limit for deployment is revealed. The Xenos side will choose their deployment zone, and Deploy what ever is not deployed in their chosen amount of time will be held in reserves. Then the Imperial side will deploy in the opposing deployment zone, what ever is not deployed in their chosen time will be held in reserves. The General's are only bidding for choice of deployment zones. Basically the cost of the Xenos side being awarded first turn is that the Imperial side will get to set up second.

Last edited by Cave Midget on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:35 pm 
Senior Contributor

Pre Registration
1)Jack - Imperial - Warhound Titan
2)Jack D - Ork - Stompa
3)Mike C - Imperial Guard - Baneblade
4)Lee - Ork - Super Heavy Bomba or Squiggoth
5) Tj M - Grey Knights
6)Jesse G - Imperial Guard
7)Alec - Tyranids - Hieraphant
8)Dave - Orcs - Gargantuan Squiggoth
9)Jae - Tyranids
10)Dan - imperial Guard - Fred (Warlord Titan)
11)Tj B - Salamanders
12)Derek - Necroids - Pylon
13)Mike - Dark Angels - Shadowsword
14)JessE - Eldar

****************************************************************************************

Last edited by Cave Midget on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:58 pm 
Senior Contributor

You know I'm in. I'll be bringing The Orkerprise (mek stompa)

As an asside I'll also be bringing my ork airfleet so anyone who has aircraft consider the gauntlet thrown down, I need a dogfight!

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 pm 
Senior Contributor

A festival of man! I'm so there. I'll bring my camera and oil bottles. I need to start practicing my wet t-shirt dance, it's going to feature my Baneblade.

Last edited by MikeLordOfPants on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:45 am 

I'm in. If something comes up I'll let you know ASAP. So, are we allowed to use all Forge World books?

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:50 am 
Contributor

I want in but my chaos are in bits. So if some one wants to borrow my brass scorpion they are welcome to it. I will bring my Gk, pretty sure there are enough imp super heavies.

Can I write my own apoc stratagy or rule or whatever for dreadknights? It will be within reason, I just have a few ideas floating around for them.

Check out what I am working on

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:08 am 
Contributor

I'm in. I'll be debuting my rebooted Imperial Guard. I can switch to Chaos if needs be.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:13 am 
Senior Contributor

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:55 pm 
Senior Contributor

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:39 pm 
Contributor

Profile E-mail  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next